SR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
We are looking for strong cloud infrastructure engineers who can run highly scalable cloud infrastructure using state of the art tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, etc. All our backend services are containerized and we heavily depend on Docker and Kubernetes to keep our backend services running efficiently and with a highly reliable architecture. You will work on continuously evolving our infrastructure to keep up with our features, scalability, security, and availability requirements.
The ideal candidate is expected to be autonomous, reliable, and has the ability to drive complex problems to a resolution fairly quickly. You will work closely with the technical founders and engineers across the whole Magalix stack. Because we are a startup, you will always be learning on the job and you will be always challenged with problems that many other teams think they are not solvable. We believe in our engineers' ability to be innovative and move fast!
Responsibilities and Duties
You should bring to the team
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Amazing passion for the startup environment
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems
- Experience in systems, networking, data structures, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
- Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must have:
- Deep understanding of AWS technologies.
- You should be able to quickly design and implement network topologies using VPCs, subnets, proper DNS routing, etc.
- You should be able to optimize the performance of different services based on the expected workloads.
- Build automation scripts to provision infrastructure, i.e. VMs, volumes, network, etc. * Understand different levels of infrastructure and services monitoring.
- Being on the on-call rotation to keep our production systems stable.
- You should have used most or all of these tools:
- Docker containers
- Elastic Search
Additional qualifications (Optional)
- Experience with Azure or GCP
- Experience managing infrastructure for modern no SQL DBs, such as MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.