Director of Engineering (CAIRO OFFICE)
Magalix is a Seattle-based startup focusing on the next generation cloud infrastructure automation tools using machine learning. The current focus is on AI-based capacity management inside cloud-native systems, such as Kubernetes. Our goal is to save our users time and money 10x faster than existing tools using smart and autonomous capacity management services that we are building. Our ML processes 100s of millions of data points each day. We expect to double our using the next few months, which requires a world-class engineering team and experienced, committed leadership.
Magalix is growing its team in Egypt and looking for an experienced director of engineering who can lead the overall technical direction and deliver a world-class product using his people’s leadership skills. This role is critical to the success of our product and our R&D team. You will work with our product manager and company founders to prioritize features, plan engineering resources, and guarantee the highest reliability of our systems. You are expected to get into the lowest level of details
Qualifications and Skills
- An ideal candidate would have
- A prior technical leadership position experience. 3 years or more.
- A fair knowledge of containers orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- An experience architecting and delivering cloud-based services and products on top of any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- A prior experience managing a team of engineers that consists of 8 engineers or more.
- Some basic performance analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ideally should have some experience with all (or most) of these technologies:
- Kubernetes (& docker containers)
- ELK – ElasticSearch, LogStash, and Kibana
- Postgres DB
Additional qualifications (Optional)
- Experience with Azure or GCP
- Experience managing infrastructure for modern no SQL DBs, such as MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
Benefits and Perks
Competitive health & social insurance
Employee equity program
Company funded training
Company sponsored discounts program